Mercy Nnenda Chinwo is a Nigerian gospel musician, actress and songwriter from Port Harcourt, Rivers State who was also the winner of the Nigerian Idol Season 2 in 2012
Blueink.ng presents Mercy Chinwo’s Biography in seven brief facts;
1. Mercy Chinwo was born on 5 September 1990 in Port Harcourt, Rivers state. She is the fourth child in a family of five (first daughter).
2. She started her musical career by lending her vocals to musical projects by gospel music artistes such as Sammie Okposo, Joe Praize, Buchi, Chris Morgan, and Preye
3. Mercy Chinwo won the second edition of Nigerian Idol. She got an SUV car and a cash prize of 7.5 million naira. A 7.5 million naira recording contract also comes with the Idol crown. As at 2017, Mercy says she has not received a kobo nor a mic.
4. A year after winning Nigerian Idol, she landed her first film role in Yvonne Nelson’s film, House of Gold starring alongside Yvonne Nelson, Majid Michel and Omawumi among others. Not only did Mercy earn the name of an actor, but her performance also attracted a nomination for best music, original song in the 2013 edition of Ghana Music Award. She didn’t win the award but she the statement had been made. Mercy Chinwo is an actor of impressive repute.
5. Mercy is signed to Eezee Conceptz Music Label. She was signed up in September 2017.
6. The popular Port Harcourt gospel artiste, who is best known for her love for berets; as she can be hardly be seen without wearing one.
6. Mercy Chinwo has an impressive song lists which include: “The Moment” (2012), “Testimony” (2015), “Excess Love” (2017), and in 2018: “On a Regular” (2018), “Eze” in which she featured Preye, “Love Expression” featuring Shady B, “Igwe”, “Eze”, “Omekannaya”, “No More Pain” and “Trust”.
Most of these latter songs are part of her debut album The Cross, My Gaze.
7. In 2018, Mercy Chinwo was awarded the Best Gospel Artiste at the CLIMAX Awards 2018. In 2019, at the maiden edition of the Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST 2019) Mercy Chinwo was named winner in three categories namely Africa Gospel New Artiste of the Year, Africa Gospel Female Artiste of the Year and Africa Gospel Song of the Year (Excess Love).