Jimmy Odukoya aka Pastor J is a Pastor, an Actor, Singer, Rapper, Dancer, Model, and an all round versatile creative.
See his biography below:
1. Othniel Oluwajimi Odukoya born on April 27 to the family of Pastor Taiwo Odukoya and late Pst. Bimbo Odukoya.
2. He graduated from Oral Roberts University where he bagged two degrees, Bachelors of Science in Business Administration and Public Relations and Advertising. He forwarded his masters in the same university, bagging, an MBA in Business Administration.
3. Growing up, Jimmy was very active in church activities, singing in the Children Choir, dancing with the RGK dance group and participating in any and everything once given the chance. His love for God and the church grew continually with age.
4. He later moved to the America in 2002 where he lived for eight years. According to Jimmy Odukoya biogrpahy, While living in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Jimmy became very active in a local church called Greenwood Christian Center (now Transformation church) under Bishop Gary and Debbie McIntosh. He became very involved in the youth church, speaking at quarterly conferences and assisting in the growth and development of the ministry. He then progressed to becoming a key player in assisting in the active college ministry of the church called B.I.O (Bring It On).
After proving himself there also, he became the assistant to the Associate Pastor at the time Pastor Calvin Battle (now Pastor of Destiny Center) where he was put in charge of all Church Operations and Service coordinations answering directly to the Associate and Senior Pastor.
He became a regular conference speaker at the church and on several occasions represented the Pastor at speaking engagements in other churches. He became a licensed Minster early 2009 which allowed him to preside over marriages and perform burials when needed. After years of service, spiritual growth and maturing at Greenwood, Jimmy moved on to Bixby Community Church, where he became the Assistant to the Senior Pastor Dr Steve Greene. While in service there, he was exposed to the diversity of ministry and was privileged to work with a man of great Wisdom and Humility.
5. Jimmy was ordained as a Pastor at the Fountain Of Life church in the summer of 2009 and upon moving back in October 2010, he became the Assistant Pastor of Church 3:16 working alongside the Coordinating Pastor at the time, Pastor Oyinda Soderu who was instrumental in establishing the framework of the youth Church under the tutelage of Pastor Taiwo Odukoya.
6. Pastor J became the Coordinating Pastor of Church 3:16 in February 2012. With a mandate to create unconventional leaders and present Christ to this generation in a radical, creative and an original way, He strives daily to honour God and serve his people the way he has been called to do.
5. In March 2013, Pastor Jimmy got married to Oluwakemi Folashade Banjoko, who went to the same secondary school as him. The couple is happily married and blessed with a daughter and a son.
6. Jimmy Odukoya’s first movie role was in “Baby shower” in 2016, a movie directed and produced by Desmond Elliot. Other movies he had featured include;
- Lifting the veil
- The Bling Lagosians (2019)
- Tempted (2017)
- Oga Pastor
7. Jimmy Odukoya now works as executive director at FIILM. He has been nominated at the City People Movie Award AMVCA for the “Best Supporting Actor of the Year” Award.