Ray Emodi is an award-winning Nigerian actor, writer, producer, model and musician who is one of the big names in the Nigerian movie industry, Nollywood.
Blueink presents 8 facts about the tall dark and handsome actor.
1. Ray Emodi was born on September 4th in Enugu, Nigeria. Most of his brothers and sisters left for boarding school when he was a child, leaving Ray to grow up with just his imagination. He found solace from his loneliness in music and acting.
2. He is the son of Joy Emodi, the first female Senator in Nigeria, who represented the Anambra North constituency of Anambra state.
3. He also holds a Bachelor’s degree from Nottingham Trent University in Business Management
4. Before Ray keyed full time into acting, he studied Business Management and International Strategic Enterprises at Nottingham Trent University and obtained a degree.
5. While pursuing his first degree in Nottingham, Emodi acted in three films in order to satisfy his longings for performing.
6. Ray Emodi moved to California to fully enhance his acting career and he also obtained a degree in acting at the New York Film Academy.
7. Emodi had won a series of awards since the onset of his career including “Revelation of the Year award” at the City People Movie Award. In addition, Ray Emodi had also received numerous nominations such as, “Best New Actor of the Year” and “Best Upcoming Actor of the Year” in 2018 in the City People Movie Award.
8. Aside from acting, Emodi is also a musician just as we earlier stated. He has released couple of singles. However, his debut single titled “Night Time” was released in 2016 which featured a fast-rising act, Ouma as produced by Austin Fig. His latest single is “Give her Ring” featuring Shakar El.
Check our Ray Emodi on Instagram