Actor, John Dumelo is one screen idol who set hearts racing amongst the Ghanaian and even Nigerian female population.
Here are some facts about the charming actor.
1. He was born February 3, 1984 to John Dumelo Snr. and Antionette Dumelo. He is the last and only boy of three children.
2. John had his primary education at Christ the King International School in Accra, Ghana, where he was selected by GAMA Film Company to play the role as a pupil in the movie ‘Baby Thief’. He had his secondary education at Achimota School and further studied at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology where he read Civil Engineering.
3. He started his acting career at an early age. He has been acting since 1991. Featuring in popular Ghana series like Sun City and About to Wed.
4. He is reportedly a real estate manager as well as a partner in an IT firm
5. He won Joy FM’s Best Ghanaian Actor in 2009 and was nominated for Africa’s Most Promising Actor by AMMA in 2010. He also won Africa’s Most Outstanding Actor 2011 at the Afro Australian Movies and Music Awards in Dec 2011 in Australia.
6. John in spite of his popularity, remains humble and modest.
7. He is a great philanthropist, giving back to the society through charity.